Monday, April 27, 2009

Placemat Purse Tote!


New project!!

What fun! I’m totally inept with the sewing machine (it really hates me) but this was a fun project! It’s a placemat trimmed with that fuzzy yarn ~ which I had to create (using another new to me tool that kind of crochet/knits the yarn) into a chain. I was hoping to pick up the flower colors with the different yarn colors and offset the green parts of the placemat. The handles just slip into the loops and can be easily swapped out but that just happens to be what was available at picture time.

This would be just the right size to toss a book in , wallet, car keys, and maybe sunglasses and head out for adventures! Now I need to find some more placemats ~ didn’t really think I’d be able to do this one. I was a little confused (ha ~ mention sewing and I go into spasms) on how to get the bottom to ‘box’ out instead of just a flat looking sack but once I got past that it has now become addictive .. go figure. Total cost of the project was less than $5!

6 comments:

  1. YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! that would be perfect for the beach!! make a big enought one for toys!!! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it!!!!


    (had to post with both blogs haha)

    ReplyDelete
  3. wowsers..that is very cute and I love the idea...great placemat chice too...I love to sew..I would be doing that right now if it weren't storming in Texas...thanks for a cute project..
    DeeDee

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute purse. I love the colors and great idea on using placemats..Too fun!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is super cute and you did a great job... Now you think you get frustrated with sewing, you should see me.lol I want to do it sooo bad but I just don't have the patience or talent or maybe it's attention span - I don't now. But it's frustrating to want to do something so bad and just not get it~LOL I love your purse, hope we get to see the new ones you do too. :)

    ReplyDelete